Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray
SEE ME ON RACHAEL RAY - JUST CLICK THE PICTURE ABOVE! :D

Sunday, April 24, 2011

COMMIT ME!!!!!!!!!!

Wow – we are just wrapping up a major “food” holiday! It’s sad how so many holidays have been commercialized and we’ve lost the true meaning of them, but that’s another discussion. How did you survive? Me… yea, not so much. I went into today knowing this would be my last “Free day” for awhile… why you ask? I’m going back to my roots to where my weight loss journey began. Dr. Oz’s Sugar Detox. November 1st, 2009, is when I decided enough was enough. I am right back to that point again. Enough is enough. After indulging in birthday cake and Easter treats all weekend, I’m feeling so bleh! We are getting closer and closer to Summer – and who doesn’t want to look good for Summer? Plus, my husband and I have a Trek in June. We will be hiking 25 miles over 3 days with the Youth of our Church, re-enacting the pioneer Treks of the 1800’s. LOL we definitely need to be getting in shape for that! I am also going (not planning to, or going to try, but GOING to RUN a 5k June 11th - my first ever!)

With all that being said, I have my plan for the next 30 days! My husband has said he will do the 30 day INSANITY:THE ASYLUM with me!!! The video in m previous post is a clip of it, but the link is also viewable below.

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/CandiceEkberg?bctid=895599538001


I do not know how long he will last, but I am going to stick to this no matter how hard it is! I do know I have a couple track meets in May that may not allow me to get my workout in, but I will do everything I can to make adjustments accordingly, and at least do something. I got a Body Bugg for my birthday, and I will be using that to help keep track of calories burned, and will keep track of calories consumed. I love new toys. Anything to help keep it interesting, right? I’m a number nerd, so I’ll feel right at home – once I get it all figured out!

As far as nutrition goes, I will keep it simple and go for balance between lean proteins, whole/complex/high fiber carbs, healthy fats, and last, but not least – NO ADDED SUGAR – Here is Dr. Oz’s sugar Detox - http://www.doctoroz.com/challenge/sugar-detox

WEEK 1:

“Take a deep breath – you’re not going cold turkey. Cut back on the amount of sugar you add to foods (no more than a teaspoon!) Instead of buying and consuming processed foods that include sugar, try buying healthier alternatives – like whole wheat cereals – and adding 1 tsp. of sugar. This puts you in control of the amount of sugar you’re consuming.”

You can interpret this how ever you want, but for me, this means no more candy, added/processed sugar (cautious with artificial sugar-stevia is ok), and limited dairy(can be high in sugar). This first week, my goal is to stay below 75 grams. To get rid of this feeling of BLEAH!!!, I am starting off with the 3 day Shakeology Cleanse. 3 days of 3 shakes and a healthy dinner of 4 oz lean protein, 2TBSP olive oil, 1TBSP flax seed, and a large green salad and veggies. I maybe adding a fruit or two and increasing my protein serving size depending on my calories burned from Insanity, and my hunger levels. The cleanse it's self is only 800-1100 calories and isn't enough to sustain a hard workout, so adjust accordingly.

All in all, I am nervous, but excited. I’m going to play around with my Body Bugg tonight, and get it all set up. I will also go through the ASYLUM materials and see what we are really up for! Anyone is welcome to join me in any aspect. Whether it is the sugar detox for 28 days, or just a fitness program of your choice for 30 days, I’ll be happy to cheer you along, because I am going to need cheering as well! SUMMER IS COMING - HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT! :D

5 comments:

Sally said...

I just saw an infomercial on Insanity the other night and thought it looked awesome! Can't wait to hear how you like it and see pics!!! Go for it - you can do it!!

Tricia said...

Candice, YOU can do this!!! Look how far you have come! I will be cheering you on!

Krista said...

You are amazing, keep it up. My question for the trainer......I have been COMMITTED for the last three weeks to kick caffeine. I've gone this long, and I want to keep it going. I find myself so tired I can't function at full speed most the time, though. What can I do/eat/take for an extra boost of energy?

Krista said...

Candice, I've been COMMITTED to get rid of caffeine, and I've made it three weeks. I want to keep it going, but I find myself out of energy by mid afternoon. What can I do/take/eat for an extra energy boost that wont have an addictive quality to it?

Ask a Personal Trainer Anything! said...

LOL Krista! That's close to a record for ya right?? J/K - I would say 100% Shakeology has been awesome for me, but I know the cost can be too much for some... Try eating fresh fruit that is lower glycemic, or would you be opposed to a natural caffeine like green tea? I do capsule form on that... Maybe try a 10-15 minute bout of HIIT cardio... that will definitely wake ya up and get the blood pumping... there are options, its just a matter of what route you want to go... I have some stuff I'll try and remember to bring to Bunco for you to try. Keep me posted, and you better not cave! ;)