Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray
SEE ME ON RACHAEL RAY - JUST CLICK THE PICTURE ABOVE! :D

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Week 1, done!

So I survived week 1 of P90X! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, which I am relieved, especially since I had taken 6 weeks off from working out. My least favorite part was definitely the Yoga, but I like Kenpo and Legs. We are out of town this week, and I was unable to bring the weights with me, but did bring my heart rate monitor, ipod, and running shoes. It felt good to just get out and run! I definitely think I want to do a 5k this fall - Does anyone know of a website where you can look up all the 5ks? Anyone want to do one with me?

I've been mulling a few things over, and may be changing things up again, but am giving my self the rest of the week to decide. I'm really struggling nutritionally... is anyone else? I've rekindled my love for working out, and even running(there was NEVER any love there!) But when it comes to food, I am finding that I am having a hard time saying no! And it's all mental.... it's not that I physically need that cookie, I just want it, and I tend to get in that mentality that if I work out, then I can have it, no biggie, but then I have another, then another, and another, until I feel like crap, and don't care about the rest of the day! But, hey - I worked out!
I'm sure lots of you are like that, right? How do we break through that? Is it worth it? Did you really enjoy the cookie? 2 months from now, are you going to remember how the cookie tasted? That saying "2 minutes on the lips = 2 months on the hips" is sooo true! So, 2 months from now would I rather look good on the beaches of Hawaii, or be packin around an extra dimple from that dang cookie(s)?! So for those of you like me - lets get out of the short term, short sited, self indulgent, immediate thoughts of our weaknesses/triggers (cookies - or what ever it is), and focus on the big pictures! Focus on your goals - it isn't a goal until you write it down - so write it down, clip out magazine pics, buy a cute outfit you want to get into, and go for it! You deserve it! I know I do :) I have pictures of Hawaii and my swimsuits(size 10!) hanging on the back of my bedroom door. Now get off the computer and go for a walk :)

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

I totally relate to this 100%. I did the hcg 3 times. Was in a size 10 almost a size 8 and now I am back into my 12/14. I keep thinking to myself, "how in the world did I let myself get like this again! I promised I would never go back to the dang bad habits again." It's real easy to fall back into the bad habits than to try and stay with the good. Motivation has to do with a lot of it, and if you have someone else egging you on it has a tendency to really help.

Jasmine said...

it looks like the HCG did well for you. For future reference you can do an apple day or a steak day. Either way it will help you to stop the gaining. If you gain 2 days in a row, a steak/apple day is needed. Doing 2 apple days probably isn't the best thing to do. I would have done 1 apple day, eat the 500 cal, and if you are still having an issue, then do the steak day. A steak day is you drink water all day and eat a nice big sensible steak at dinner and call it good. I found in my rounds, I lost more inches than weight. I hurt my foot the first round and was laid up at home being a couch potato. That was the one where I lost the most weight. When I returned to work after 2 weeks everyone was amazed at my transformation. Anyway, I have loads and loads of information about the HCG diet. As I have said I am doing it again, but I am doing a blind study on someone who has been doing HCG for years, and is doing something new. It's still HCG but different. I have to do it for 40 days and write everything down. I'll have to let you know how it goes. If you have any questions for me feel free to ask.

Ask a Personal Trainer Anything! said...

thankfully I'm motivated enough right now to keep going and moving... by doing the BFL, I rekindlded my love for working out again, so it hasn't been a problem. What will be hard is having another kid... they do wonders to our bodies!!! But your right - its soooo easy to let it go - as soon as you stop caring - so does your body! I definitely had to learn a lot as I went, and some things were after the fact - hence the apple days and such. I didn't really do them because I needed to, more just to try it, and know what it was all about. I would love any more info you have - if you have anything that you can email me, that'd be great! I want to be able to provide my clients with as much knowledge as possible so they can be successful as well! Keep me posted on how things go for this next round!