Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray
SEE ME ON RACHAEL RAY - JUST CLICK THE PICTURE ABOVE! :D

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bringin It!

I'm now a week and a half into the Insanity program! I still haven't missed a work out and am getting over DOMS (Delayed On set of Muscle Sorness). It's pretty tough, but if you set your mind to it, it's not that bad. It's definitely more cardio based, and is HIIT!!! I like how each video so far is only 40ish minutes - with P90X - one day would be 50, the next an hour and a half... I just didn't have the time for that - I'm all about going hard and getting it done and over with. So far, I have maintained all of my measurements except went up a little on weight - floating right around 155-158 - but that is expected when working out - gotta love muscle :) Nutrition has been interesting. I only did a week stabilization off of HCG and tried eating grains again - too soon! It was too hard on my stomach. This week, I cut the grains out and have been trying more beans, corn, brown rice, fruits, and veggies. Much better.

I'm shooting for about 1900 calories. Feels good to eat, but I'm finding some days I am coming in too short. Again, when doing a high intensity program, you HAVE to eat, and (good)carbs too! I have had many clients that are working out hard and refuse to bump their calories up in fear of gaining weight.... its a hard concept to wrap your brain around, but think of it this way - If your only eating 1400 calories, then burn another 400 in a workout, then factor in your daily caloric need for additional activity - any where from 200-800 (depending on activity level) 1400 - 400 - lets say DA-400 - your body is only getting 600 calories!!!! TOO LOW!!!!! EAT, fuel your body! It's all about calroies in vs calories out, but you have to have enough in there to function!

This weekend should be interesting - I've been pretty good all week, and I keep telling my self that all that sugar and crap will make me feel just like that - CRAP! I've worked too hard to just throw it away for a temporary satisfaction... I'm giving myself a free meal Saturday and then turning all of the candy over to my hubby to hide/control for the kiddos. I would throw it away, but I think I would have one unhappy family! lol Have a safe and Happy Halloween!

No comments: