Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray
SEE ME ON RACHAEL RAY - JUST CLICK THE PICTURE ABOVE! :D

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Recipe Exchanges

I enjoy food - even the not so good stuff. But there are ways to enjoy your favorite treats with out as much guilt. A great cooking substitute for cakes and bread is applesauce. Use applesauce instead of oil or butter or go half and half. 1 cup of applesauce = 1 cup of oil. I've never tried it, but refried beans (well blended) also make a good substitute. I like to use flax seed instead of oil in whole wheat pancakes (3TBS of flax per 1TBS oil), throw a banana in there and you've got banana-nut pancakes! Use low fat sour cream or plain yogurt instead of Mayo. I use garlic salt or sea salt instead of regular salt in a lot of my cooking. There's lots of healthy alternatives out there! Even food manufacturers are adjusting to include more whole grains. Mac and Cheese even has a whole grain alternative - 5g of fiber per serving! Just use fat-free milk instead of 2% and maybe a butter alternative such as "I cannot believe it's not butter." Remeber - always in moderation and enjoy!

No comments: