Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray
SEE ME ON RACHAEL RAY - JUST CLICK THE PICTURE ABOVE! :D

Monday, February 22, 2010

Only 4 weeks left! (kind of)

Time continues on, and things are still going well. 'Week 8' was dubbed the week 8 miracle, and while I didn't see a 'miracle' I had a more significant weight drop than I have had any other week... went from 191.9 - 188.3 in one week - which is pretty good! But again, this program isn't about the scale - its about your measurements, and putting muscle on, and taking fat off. But there to, I've been a little frustrated... I haven't lost any off my stomach for a couple of weeks, but this week it finally budged. I know I am still succeeding... whats happening is I am strengthening my core, and putting on muscle, while losing fat, and believe me - I'd much rather have muscle :) Here are my measurements from week 1 - to week 8, and I have my pics posted on my 'Candice Ekberg' Facebook page.
Day 1 - Day 56 (end week 8)
wt - 198 - 188.3
chest - 40.5 - 38.5'
waist - 41.5 - 40'
hips - 46 - 43.75
thigh - 26.5 - 26.5 (I'm attributing that to muscle memory... they used to be really squishy, but much firmer now :)

I was more controlled on my free day - I really miss cereal - so I just had a big bowl of Cinnamon life for breakfast, some Doritos for lunch, and then took Quin to the local hamburger joint for dinner, and had a grilled chicken sandwich and shared some fries and a small shake with the kids. Didn't feel to bad after, but still not great.
I've been reading more about peoples past success, and it seems to me that no matter what, if you follow the program, you will have success, but to achieve the results like you see in many of the pics, you may need to do more than one challenge. And many past champions did a lot of extras, like not really taking a free day, but a free meal, doing extra cardio, modifying weights, taking supplements. But everyone is unique, so the basic concepts will work for all. Just fine tune it to your needs - if you feel like you need to do extra cardio, go for it, just keep it in a moderate range - you don't want to burn out! I know I personally, for the last 4 weeks, am going to focus on eating more protein than carbs, which is recommended for more fat loss. But overall, I am still feeling great, love being sore, an am happy with the results. And with this being said, I know me and my little bro already plan on dong a second and possibly a third challenge! Good times! Our second challenge will probably start the first or second week in April for anyone interested in joining us! (They say take a week or 2 of active rest between challenges). Keep up the good work everyone!

No comments: