Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray
SEE ME ON RACHAEL RAY - JUST CLICK THE PICTURE ABOVE! :D

Sunday, December 12, 2010

New Game Plan!

I posted on my facebook page, but I haven't on here yet... I was enjoying Insanity, and made it to week 6, but the between the holiday, my EMS conference, and getting sick, I got off track. I started back up again into the second phase, but it was crazy! I can definitely see now where it got its name! It got to the point where the workouts weren't just 40 minutes - they were getting to be an hour +, And they were tough! I found my self just sitting there thinking, I can't do that?! So I was still doing the work outs, but having to modify everything, and just wasn't getting the quality workout that I wanted. It kinda sucks because I don't want to think of myself as a "quitter", but at the same time, I know myself better, and if I would have just kept going, I would have burned out and quite everything all together. I liked Insanity, because it was different, and you get a pretty big bang for your buck, but it was purely cardio based, and I miss lifting weights. Sooooo... I'm putting Insanity on the back burner for now.

On FB I stated that I was going to start P90X Monday, but sitting here thinking about it, I'm probably going to wait till after the holidays so I can give it the full attention it deserves. Including the nutrition, which I am struggling a little with. Not that I am doing horrible, it's just the holidays, and there are a lot of temptations around, and I want to be able to enjoy some of it and not torture myself. Thankfully I am maintaining my weight right around 157-159 (this went up from hCG as I started Insanity, but has since maintained - my BF has actually gone down. That shows an increase in muscle mass and decrease in body fat, hence why I am not freaking out about the scale:) My goal is to keep it under 160. I'm still working out. I've been trying to run more; doing interval work and some distance.

So I finally finished painting my weight room, and got some vinyl lettering quotes up :) My motto that I've liked to use over this last year is "PLAN, PREPARE, COMMIT, EXECUTE" as pictured below, so here is my plan for the next couple of weeks:
From now until January (exact date not yet determined) I will run 3-4 times a week, and get 2 full body lifts in. As far as nutrition goes, I'll behave during the days/week, and if there is a party or something that day, I'll eat super clean/light during the day, hard work out that day, and then enjoy the meal. :) After the holidays, I'm thinking I want to try a round of the hCG protocol, but with out actually taking the hCG - I want to see how it compares with and with out actually taking the drops. A little crazy, but it would be good to be able to compare the differences. I will only do that for a week or two, and then from there start P90X.

It will be a little crazy in the spring because track season will be starting up, but at the end of April, I have some friends that are doing a short distance Iron Girl in Las Vegas, and I am considering doing this - I think it will mainly be determined by our tax return, and if we get back enough that I can afford getting a bike, and if I will have to time and resources to train. Spring is going to be a crazy time of year!!!

Well, I hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday Season so far. I know I still have some shopping to do, and a couple of parties! I recommend doing the same thing I am when it comes to parties - have a plan - get a good work out in, eat light and clean, drink TONS of water, and then enjoy to the point of contentment - not over indulgence. Then just be good the days you don't have something going on. Remember what your plan and goals are and stick to them, You can do it! Happy Holidays!




No comments: