Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray
SEE ME ON RACHAEL RAY - JUST CLICK THE PICTURE ABOVE! :D

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

ChaLEAN WEEK 1 DONE

Week 1 of ChaLEAN is done! Woo hoo! It actually hasn't been too bad. At first it was kind of torture, because it is sloooow, heavy, quality lifts. There are 3 phases - Burn, Push, Lean. I'm currently in Burn, and it's all about muscle building, because muscle burns fat. Fat is just along for a free ride, so lets get rid of it! There are about 8-12 different lifts per day. Each lift, you only do 1 set of 12 reps, at a weight that is heavy enough to get you to fatigue by rep 10-12. The key is lifting very slow. If you have never really lifted weights before, and are looking to put on some lean, fat burning muscle, this is a good way to go. It will teach you how to lift properly! You can find more info on my Beachbody page - www.beachbodycoach.com/candiceekberg.

Since I am just 2 weeks off of HCG, I'm trying to stay away from the scale, and just letting my body do what it needs to do. But I know I am maintaining, and I am feeling great! And can I just say I LOVE Shakeology! I look forward to it every day. It's so simple, but good for you. :) I'm trying to be better on my nutrition, because that is my biggest weakness, and so far so good. I'm not following ChaLEANs nutrition plan yet, because it is a little fancier that I have time for, but I do plan on focusing in on it in the next week or so. Right now, I've been trying to go for healthy and convenient. I'm hoping to make my next blog post on some of my favorites, like protein pancakes, protein pumpkin spice cake, bean salsa, etc. :) Abs are made in the kitchen, so I definitely need to make this a priority. I am keeping track of my calories every day and am consuming between 1500-1700, and trying to burn at least 400-600 in my workouts. So far so good! I took some "before" pics, and will hopefully get them posted this week.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, question about the hcg... I am VERY overweigh. I need to lose over 100 pounds. I dont have time to do the hour and half workouts that I did the last time I lost a lot of weight. Once I start losing the weight do you think it is safe to start working out again? I want to firm up what I have while I lose the weight. Thanks! Kristina

Ask a Personal Trainer Anything! said...

Hi Kris!
As far as working out while on HCG, I'd just be cautious. The protocol says it's ok to be active, but for actual exerrcise, it recommends no more than a 1/2 hour of walking a day. I personally tried lifting weights, at a slow controlled pace, with rest in between sets, and was successful with that. Just listen to your body - if you start stalling or are overly tired, cut back.
Once you get the weight off, it should be a lot easier. That is one think I like about HCG - it gets the weight off so people can strat working out again, and it will feel good! But work up to it. Too often people make a goal, then not exactly knowing what to do, just go all out day in and day out, until their bodies just burn out and can't go any more. So be sure to pace yourself, and be smart. Good luck to you, and keep me posted!

Unknown said...

Hello,

I have been on HCG for 32 days, and have lost 18 pounds. I have followed the plan without cheating and this week has been very difficult. My weight is going up and down. I eat 100g of meat twice a day, one fruit twice a day, and one vegetable twice a day with one medla toast twice a day. My calorie intake has never been over 400. I drink lots of water and I exercise 30 mins per day. Do you have any advice for me. I would really like to see at least 3 more pounds off.

Ask a Personal Trainer Anything! said...

I have been on HCG for 32 days, and have lost 18 pounds. I have followed the plan without cheating and this week has been very difficult. My weight is going up and down. I eat 100g of meat twice a day, one fruit twice a day, and one vegetable twice a day with one medla toast twice a day. My calorie intake has never been over 400. I drink lots of water and I exercise 30 mins per day. Do you have any advice for me. I would really like to see at least 3 more pounds off.

Hi Halo!

It sounds like you have done well! But It looks like you are keeping your calories on the low end, which can be bad too. Dr. Simeons found that 500 was just the right amount for everything to work. Your body is balancing on a fine line between fat burning and starving. If you go too low, you can throw off that balance. Try getting back up to the 470-530 range. Another portocol that I have used has allowed a few more food varities, including replacing the melba toast with fat free soda crackers. And make sure you are drinking at least 1/2 your body weight in oucnes - I always was closer to 3/4ths. You may also want to cut back on the exercising - that can throw the balance off too. Hope that helps some - good luck!