Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray
SEE ME ON RACHAEL RAY - JUST CLICK THE PICTURE ABOVE! :D

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Week 3 over!

I survived my 3rd week - awesome! I'm still loving the lifting - no complaints there, although I'm still trying to adjust my weights, and finding that I can keep going up. Some awesome clients of mine got me the BFL success journal, and I have been keeping track with that, and plan on pushing everything up this week. Cardio has been a little weak. I know I can push myself harder... I'm finding that I'm pushing myself on my 10, but not so much through the 8 and 9 - I need to quite wussing out. If I'm going to do this, I may as well do it right.

Nutrition is still going well for the most part. I find myself battling with the calorie counter in me, and have not exactly gotten in the 6th meal. Thursday was bad due to bad planning, but that's no excuse to make the next day bad. Every day is a new day, so just start over.

I plan on doing measurements tomorrow morning, but just remember those that are doing this as well... The scale is a horrible indicator when you are changing something with your body. There are so many fluctuations going on, and changes. If you lose 3 lbs fat, and gain 5 lbs muscle, you've gained weight... but good weight - and increase of 5lbs of lean muscle mass can burn up to an additional 200 calories a day! Muscle is awesome! And women - HANG IN THERE! From talking to other people, and reading posts on face book, its seems that men are losing weight much faster, and women are struggling. In my 'opinion' women have less muscle mass to begin with, so we are burning less calories, and we are initially going to gain more muscle, which may be why the scale isn't budging. As time goes on, and your body has adjusted, you will start seeing the scale go down. I read someone say that for most women, week 8 seems to be the magic number where you can really start seeing results. I know me personally, I have only lost 3-4 lbs, but I can totally feel my biceps, calves and quads making a comeback - I love it! Just imagine what it is going to look like once all the fats gone :) That's what keeps me going :) Next week I plan on doing my 4 week photos - I will post them to show you there is a difference. I do have my before photos posted on FB - but you have to be my friend to see those :) Good job everyone, Keep it up!!!

Just did my measurements:

Weight - 194 - down 4lbs!
chest - 39.25 (up-muscle)
waist - 40.5 (same)
hips - 45 (same)
thigh - 26.25(down)

So nothing too drastic, but there are still a lot of changes going on, and people are starting to notice. I'm definitely curious to see my pics next week!

No comments: