Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray
SEE ME ON RACHAEL RAY - JUST CLICK THE PICTURE ABOVE! :D

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week 5 Already???

Time flies! And I have been neglegent... with my blog! Things are still going really good! As long as I plan ahead, and make sure I don't go too long in between meals, this has been fairly easy! I'm still loving the weight lifting - got my squat up to 165 today! Cardio is still torturous, but I got a spin bike to mix it up with, which I am really enjoying! Anda again, it's only 20 minutes!! That's it!!! It's over with before you know it!!! The free day is such an awesome perk mentally, although I pay for it physically. Last weeks free day was a little disappointing. Went to Chuck E Cheese for Quin's b-day, and that was not worth it :P Oh well, I'm going to Chili's tomorrow for lunch with my sis in law to celebrate them expanding their family :) But then have to follow it with a trip to the dentist :P I'm definitly getting desert ;)

I did have a week moment this last weekend. We had a church activity and they had these really good sugar cookies from the local bakery... Quin had like 3, but didn't finish his 3rd one, and wanted to take it home with him... Well he fell asleep by the time we got home... yea it was too tempting. :( I failed! BUT I didn't let it screw up everythig else. I ate my lunch of high protein chili, to balance it out, and hopefully keep my blood sugar from spiking too much. Got right back on track and finished out the rest of the day, no problem. I'm not saying that this is ok, I'm just saying I'm not perfect, and I didn't let my self play the head games that I would have in the past. And to identify my triggers... It had been 4 hours since I last ate... WAAAAYY to long - and the smell.. for some of you that have been in my weight room, I currently have it sented with shortbread, and vanilla... yea that's what the cookie smelled like - it suckered me in. So I need to stay away from cookies, or change the scents ;) If you falter, get right back on track, identify your triggers or weaknesses, and fix them! You can do this! I hope you all are doing well!

Here are my measuremtns from the last weigh in:

Chest - 39.5"
waist - 40.5"
hips - 44.5"
thigh - 26.6"
weight - 192.5

I haven't seen huge changes as far as the inches go, but I can tell I am putting on some nice muscle, and they say it's about week 8 where everything starts kicking in, and that muscle starts going for the fat, so we will see! I did do my 4 weeks pics and have them posted on my FB if you really want to see... I am too critical of myself to tell a huge difference, but you can tell there is change going on! If you haven't, I encourage you to do your pics too! Good luck!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

So when you did the Sugar detox - did you just avoid anything with sugar? are there certain guidelines? Can you eat fruit? I have been thinking of doing the same but need some guidelines. A lady at work said her husband did it but avoided fruit and a lot of other things. Please let me know what you did. I have cut out all soda pop.

Ask a Personal Trainer Anything! said...

Hi Teresa! If you go to the month of October, and November, it has all the details. I just got the info from Dr. Oz's website. I did avoid all sugars, even fruits... it was hard, but worth it - remember though, it's not a permanent thing - it's just a 28 day detox! Good job on the soda - there is a teaspoon of sugar for every oz you drink - 12oz can = 12 tsp sugar!!!