Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray
SEE ME ON RACHAEL RAY - JUST CLICK THE PICTURE ABOVE! :D

Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 12 - Getting easier!

Only 26g today... I think! Tonight we went out to dinner, so I planned accordingly and had a bigger breakfast, and a light lunch. It was tempting to snack here and there, but at the same time, it was pretty easy to say no! We ended up going out to chinese for dinner. It's harder to figure calories when going out, but I'd be willing to bet there is sugar in the 'sweet' and sour chicken. I only had 5 pieces, and was light on the sauce. But the temptation for the bad sugars has pretty much diminished. It's amazing how easy it has gotten to say no, where before, I was completely out of control! Let's hope the weekend stays the same way, and check back with me on Thanksgiving - it's a good thing I don't really care for pumpkin pie, or candied yams! ;) Have a good one!

2 comments:

Tatum Wheeler said...

Hey candice this is laura the one who took your pics:) I just realized this was you. I am enjoying your post and am tempted to do something similar. Problem is I am pregnant. No one will even approach the subject of how you should eat when your pregnant all I ever hear is this is your free pass. I am trying to keep it all in check but wondered what my guidlines should be. My doctor says you really don't need extra calories just don't get hungry and eat healthy. People look at me like I am crazy for working out or trying to avoid the excess gain. I don't know though there is nothing out there and I think what better time to be healthy then when you are growing a person:)

Ask a Personal Trainer Anything! said...

Hi Laura!!! Glad you are reading! Still loving the pics - I think my mom wants to do our whole family sometime in the next couple of months. So, I'll let ya know when, if you are still available! Keep in mind that I am not a nutriontist, but as far as eating when pregnant, your doc is obviously right - you really only need an additional 300 calories, and that is by your third trimester. The biggest thing is to eat smaller frequent meals. The more whole the food item, the better. In my observations of clients who have had kids, your body is going to gain what it needs to gain, no matter what you eat. But what you eat will make a difference between a 20-30 lbs gain, vs. a 50-70lb gain. As well as the health of your baby. Gestational diabetes are something you want to be careful for. Just make sure to eat lower glycemic foods, and high fiber. Whole grains, fruits, veggies, healthy oils/fats, and lots of lean protein. And at the same time, don't deprive yourself. If you need an 'occasional' treat, go for it. When we deprive ourselves (especially women - so mental!) we tend to then over do it. The sugar detox definitely wouldn't hurt you. It's just cutting out an unneccessary evil :) I hope this helps you out some - check out http://www.acog.org/ for more info, and feel free to email me anytime!!! Good luck with everything! What did you find out you were having?