Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray
SEE ME ON RACHAEL RAY - JUST CLICK THE PICTURE ABOVE! :D

Monday, November 30, 2009

IT'S OVER!!!



I did it! I survived! 28 days with out sugar! I never would have thought. Things were bad! I was probably averaging 150g of sugar a day! 150g of sugar = 581 calories, or approximately 36 level teaspoons! The first week was miserable as far as how I felt, the second and thirds weeks were probably the hardest as far as temptations, and the 4th week sucked(but I did it), just because it was a major food holiday :) But over all, I did good! I cut my sugar intake to an average of about 40g a day (155cal, 9 1/2 tsp). The large majority of it coming from good foods. :) I think my biggest weakness was milk, fiber one yogurt, and dried apricots. In 1 month, just by cutting out the sugar, I was able to lose 10 lbs., 2 1/2 inches off my waist, 2 1/2 off my hips, 1 inch off my chest, and 1 inch off my thigh. I can't claim all of that was fat though. I did some body fat measurements, and only lost 3.5% body fat - which is still good, but only accounts for 7lbs of the weight loss. The other 3 lbs would be from lean muscle mass, which is typical with any 'diet.' Ideally, you want to see 100% body fat loss, 0% lean muscle loss. The best way to achieve this is through a clean, normal, realistic, healthy diet (no yoyo or fad diets), and exercise.

So, now that I have the sugar under control, what next? I think I'd like to tackle that exercise part. I bought a new treadmill for my gym, and am waiting for it's arrival. As soon as I get it, I think I'm going to experiment with some cardio - a 6 week interval program perhaps? (I'm open to ideas/suggestions) I will continue to blog about that, and post some of the work outs. So as soon as I get the treadmill, I will be back on here! And when it comes to eating sugar, I plan on using fruit as a subsitute for crap, and will only have crap on special occasions, and only if it is really good crap :) Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday! Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have!! Take care for now!

2 comments:

... said...

Girl, again talk about inspiring!! You rock! I'll follow you on the cardio kick! Let me in on your workouts and I'll do them at the gym! I feel like I'm not getting the best workout I could get in! You conquered sugar, the sweet little devil! Love ya girl!

Ask a Personal Trainer Anything! said...

Thanks Kenz! Love ya too! I sadly still havent gotten the tread together - it's a 2 man job and niel has been gone - hopefully this week! I'll definitely post the work outs though and let ya know how it goes!